So my overnight was a trainwreck, practically. reports, back to back. That means i pick up the hone, take a report, hangup, and them immediately. Six times. Yea....
I also tookaq call fromt his guy who took 20 minutes ( atleast) to get his story out. HE had a very think accent ( he said he was from another country), spoke in a deep voice and mumbled. At 5:30am. Good grief. I know I dont alawys come across as a patient person. Thats probably because I use all my patience up at work. So I was actually quite patient and understanding with him, up to a certain point. Im patient whiel they stumble their way through their story. But after they told they told me the situation, and I give them solutions, dont sit thereand keep telling me the situation over and over again. I heard you the first time, adn you telling it to me oer and over is not going to make me change the solutions available. Cuz if ya start doing that, then i get stern. And a stern Nicole at 5:30 is not good. Dont get me wrong, im still very professional. But Im very direct, and I dont give any room for them to wander. I told this guy that if he didnt like the way teh department handled the situation, he could file a complaint against the department. We then spent teh next 15 imnutes arguing about yes, he could indeed file a compaint, adn hte owrker could not get pissed off. When i say argue, I mean I told him he could file a copmplaint, and the caller kept trying to tell me the story over and over again, and asking me " Are you sure the worker wont get pissed off at me for filing a report?
Finally, the guy saud " I just think ts very crude that the department that handles these type of situation, I am filing a complaint againt." And to that I wanted ot say " Sir, welcome to America...where you can sue your own mother, and get away with it."
Of course I didnt say it....kind wish i could have tho. I just had to keep reassuring him that it comes along witht eh job (having complaints filed against you) and there wsa nothing else i could do to help him." Ive give n himt he options, now good day.
*sigh*
It was one fo those calls that makes you want to go home and hide from the world under your covers. You dont want to talk to anyone else for a while. My supervisro said that I had the patience of a saint and handled the call very well...polite and understanding, yet firm and keeping the caller in a box. GO me...woot woot
Im not superstitious, but still, today has been a crazy day. Tons of reports, most responses. Of course everyone is blaming it on todays date..6/6/06. I dont buy it, but it has been crazy.
I slept some when i got home, but didnt look foward much to going back to work after a hectic sleepless night. When i woke up, I realized that my room is a mess, i need to do laundry, its my turnt o clean the bathroom, and my boys were giving me looks that siuggested " you dont love me enough" (thats andrew) and cold stares (Amx). Felicity, as usual, just l0oked perplexed..i think. Its hard ot understand guinea pig stares. I think she just missed cuddling with me.
Buts its hard ot cuddle a guinea pig when your addicted to SIms 2, whcih i currently am. Its my de-stressor of choice.
So back to work, only a yogurt for dinner. Had a headache in the front of my head and fet as though my mind and my body were disjointed. Basically, I felt like shit, even though I had showed and everything ( i felt accomplished).
But, thank God for co-workers. One of my coworkers was ordering from Boston market, and saw my yogurt dinner and said " Girl please, whadda want? I aint seeing no one go hungry heare. Yogurts not dinner..i dont nwo what kinda meal that it is, but its ot dinner."
So instead of key lime yogurt, i feasted on meatloaf, mashed potoatowes and gravy, apples, and corn bread. And milk...its n ot complete without milk.
Amazingly noug, that made my night. Im now about to go back to work (Im on break). The headache is still kind of there, but not as bad. Maybe ill have a nice iced coffee (a la hotline). That means I just take coffee, add ice adn milka nd sugar...but it sounds good.
So tomarrow I was supposed ot go to the all staff meeting for work, which isnt mandatory for people in my job. Its more for everyone in teh building where my job is housed. I think im gonna sleep in, clean, do laundry, scrub teh cages, let the boys have the run of hte place, watch tv with elise, play sims, and pamper myself..hot bath, use my margarita scrub from Batha bd Body. give myself a facial and pedicure. Have a drink with dinner. I like the sounds ofthe next two days. Very nice.
And despite it all, i still dont mind my job.
Yea, call the BEST team...Im officially crazy
6.06.2006
Sir, welcome to America (aka 06.06.06)...things are looking better
Posted by ~NEJ~ at 19:13
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment