BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

10.04.2005

I could set this building on fire......



First off, pardon my typos. If you're a big grammarian or spelling fanatic, maybe it's best you not read this.

Second, this is my second attempt at a blog. The first time I gave up because I thought it was silly for me to have a blog when I could just talk to people in class.

But, I no longer have classes, and my friends are spread out everywhere, from France and Wales, to Texas and California. And it really doesn't help that I work at night, which is when most normal people are relaxing at home. When I say normal, I mean my teacher friends. Although, come to think of it, most of my friends, including my significant other, work just as odd hours as I do.....hmmmmm. Okay, so I have not so normal friends. And I'm ok with that.

So here's the basics about me...I'm a female, white suburbanite living in what is considered the Bronx of Boston (to those living in a place like Wenham) who is a liberal (and yet still a Christian) working in a field that is not exactly the most popular. I have two bunnies (they're my children.) I mean, I don't carry them around with me, but I don't plan on having kids for a while. O yea, and I'm a pyro...hehehe, hence the quote from Office Space in my title. O yea, and if there's anything I can stand, it is chauvinistic men who cannot accept that this is the 21st century, and women should be equal and all things.

Life in Boston is...Boston, I guess. I have to be aware what days the red sox are playing, cuz it takes an extra hour due to traffic. Tourists drive me crazy...as in, cant stand tourists cuz they're everywhere and they just block important things such as..oh, the exit doorway for the T.

Another thing I love about Boston (and im not being sarcastic, its really great) is the blatant disregard for law. I mean, talk about ultimate Massholes. On any given day, go to Downtown Crossing, and there will be at least one person smoking pot right in the open. Never mind that pot is illegal. And better yet, there's a little Boston PD booth right across the way. The park down the street from me..you can get a contact high, if you stand there long enough (although you probably wouldnt want to, its pretty sketchy.) The way I see it, why buy pot? Just go somewhere in the public where someone is smoking and breath deeply. It's not your fault that the pot in the air is mingling with the air that you breath.

Wow, now people think Im probably a pot head. Im really not. These are just the little things about living in Boston that i find to be hil-arious.

Really, dont mind me and my twisted sense of humor. You have to understand, I work for a crisis hotline, and you get some pretty funny sh*t sometimes..well, on any given day. You have to laugh. Otherwise, i would end up like one of my clients: drunk and being sectioned 12 (basically, put in a padded room).

On a more serious level, I had a great conversation with my mom today. i mean, I admit it, I lied to her. How could I lie to my mother? Well....it's a long story. The moral of it is, I shouldnt. But it felt pretty good to call her back and tell her I was sorry. She said she was so proud of me and then we laughed over the whole incident.

Yea, Im going home in a couple of weeks. I havent been home since last Christmas. More importantly, Im trying to reconnect with long lost friends, and I think Ill be seeing at least one of them while Im home. I mean, these are people I was friends with for ten years. And then, due to circumstances (lack of trust, was tired of being the only one to put effort in) I stopped talking to them. I was finding it difficult to try to sort out who I was and what I believe, and still be in contact with people back home.

So now (and I am very proud to say) I feel way more comfortable about who I am. I feel pretty solid (and actually, I am more solid, due toi some weight I gained in school:p) about who I am, and so Im talking with people back home.I mean, the way I see it, the worse that happens is that they're really offended with who I am,, and it doesnt work out. It just needs to be understood that Im not going to censor myself, just so I dont offend them. Life is way too short to always be apologizing for who you are.

I mean, yea, I've changed pretty drastically (i would say) but I am in an amazing relationship with this great guy that it definitely headed somewhere. I have friends who care about the real me, and laugh when we're on the phone and say " I miss you nickel" because of some smart ass comment Ive just made. It's not like Im a complete social deviant. Im really not.

Ok, Ive babbled enough. I know need to head to work. Yea, thats another importnat thing about me. People might not understand why I have the job I have (well, those who dont know me wouldnt understand), but I feel like Im at least doing something I want to do. Im not trying to be pretentious or anything, but I know the pay isnt great, but at least Im doing something meaningful. LOL, I remember when i first told my classmates in high school that i wanted to be a social worker. They literally laughed in my face. Riggghhhttt...but , I have a happy life, surrounded by great friends and family. Money isnt everything, you know.

And on that note, Im off to work.


0 comments: