CAR!!!!
Holy crap, so Im so tired of this subject constantly being brought up. I know I need one. I know it would be much more convenient, much more safer, and much more.....whatever, for me to have one. I could see friends more. I wouldnt be so lonely in the ciity, with all my friends dispersed everywhere. I would have more job opportunities.
Everyone is always nagging me about it, mostly due to the fact that two of the shifts i work end so late that the T doesnt really run by then, so I walk home. I'm tired of people "reprimanding" me for walking home. People are alwasy saying "you know you shouldnt be." What else can I do? People at work dont want to give me a ride, or they cant. I get tired of asking. I get tired of asking my boss if i can leave just ten minutes early, so I can catch the last bus. People expect me to lean on other people to solve my problem. Im not like that, at least not in this case.
I'm not going to call my landlord at 1am aand ask her to come pick me up from my job. Im not going ot call someone who lives across town to come get me. By the time they get to work, I could be home. its a two mile walk. Its not that bad at all. if anything, Im getting my excercise.
People worry about the neighborhood. Trust me, I trying to work on moving to a safer location. But even still, its practically dead at 130am.
People are alwayts saying, you know you shouldnt be walking home. What other reasonable solution can they give me?? Its nto teh worst situation in the world. there is worse.
The way I see it, Im just doing the best i can do in teh situation Im in, so stop ragging on me.
Instead of giving me credit for living in the situation that Im in, i feel like im being out down. i really dont think people realize how hardit is for me to live in this neighborhood. I know Im a sticking out like a sore thumb.
No, i definitely dont like the neighborhood I live in. I dont like being hit on all the time, with guys looking me up and down as if im a whore. Im tired of random guys trying ot pick me up, and i feel like i can do nothing but walk away in silence. Yea, I see a group of guys on my street, and they're all cat calling me, and I get sick because of how scared I am. The only thing i can do is mask the fear, keep my head high, adn keep walking.
I know its not teh best situation, but at least its liveable. Its a lot better than what I hear at work.
If you cant offer a viable solution, keep your mouth shut.
I know I sound liek a self centered bastard. I ma grateful that I do at least have people to nag me. I knwo I should appreciate that they care. But after a while, it gets old.
10.10.2005
If I only had a.....
Posted by ~NEJ~ at 20:40
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment