That's according to my friend Lauren. She's the third and fourth grade teacher at my old school back home. When I went to her classroom to help out, she introduced me " This is Miss Nicole (not Miss Knaut, cuz thats my mom). She is an adult." I promptly wanted to burst into laughter. If anyone askes, Im an adult, cuz lauren says so.
Anywho, so, lets start at teh beginning. As Dane Cook would say, "Let's Tarentino it..."
Sooooooo, went home on Wednesday. On the bus ride home, got a call from Riverside COmmunity Care, which is a program that has residential homes for people with disabilities. They want me to work as a life skills coach for them at a home in Newton. it pays 5,000 more than my current job. They also want me to work 56 hours a wekk...I dont think theres overtiem pay. A co-worker also told me that its ntoa very good place to work.. I guess she worked there, and the administration really isnt supportive of teh staff. Hm...so maybe not.
Also, if im gonna commit myself to working for a program, i might as well go somewhere that really pays (in comparison with my current job). If i were to actually be a case amnager for DSS, i would geet a 13,000 raise...yea, how bout that?
But it was still cool to get teh call, and know they were interested.
So got home, had tacos with my mom. We even have the littel rubbermaid taco organizer. its got slots for teh tacos and little places for teh lettuce and stuff......I know, its so suburnia. But it was cool...like old times, kinda. Then did erranbds with her around town, which was fun. I found out that she won an IPOD Mini, and was going to give it to me for Christmas. But alas, I already have an MP3 player, and she say that she has no use for it. *gasp*
So I didnt sleep until 230am. Thats cuz im not used to going to sleep until then. And there was not tv tow atch either, so i jsyt kinda laid there trying to go to sleep, but not really suceeeding. So, asleep at 230, up at 6am to go to my old school. I decided that I should go school to help out, instead of being a bum at home.
So went to school. Saw my old principle. Felt very uncomfortable being there. All these kids that I remember being in kindergarden are not in high school.very, very weird..made me feel very old...and im only 23.
So saw lots of people that i havent seen in ages. Sitting in service (kind like a chapel) was weird, cuz im so used to sitting where th students sit. Instead, i sat on teh side,w here the teachers sit (so tehy can watch students and make sure they arent mibehaving).....very weird. But i was like "heheh, im sitting with teh teachers"
So in general helping out at school was amusing. There were these 7th grade boys that acted up...but i got to lay teh law down to tehm ,w hich was funny. Theses guys didnt go to teh school when i did, so I think they were like "who is this girl tellign us what to do...and why is our teacher letting her?" It was great....:) Yay bossing boys around.
So after school I got to ride around with y friend lauren and go out to dinenr with her, which was fun. We went o Olive garden, which I havent been to in years. Lauren and i were best friends for ten years, and then stopped talking for the last 2. Very..awkward. But we got to clear all of that up, and now were friends agin..and its kinda cool.
Friday was this golf-a thon teh school was putting on. basically, youpledge a dollar for each hoel of golf. Thats real golf, not minuture golf.... I suck at real golf :)
Unfortunately, I had to get up a 5 am....ewwwwwwwww. But I got to zoom around in golf carts going up and down hills...which was really really fun. I need to get one...just to zoom around Boston in.
So around four my mom and i had to ealve to go back to boston because my sisters school was having family weekend. At that point i was crashing, so i slept most of the way. Unfortunatley, i doscovered that I had lefta relatively new book at home...and i had just started reading it. I also lost something else....whcih i cnt say cuz Ben reads this...basically, one of his birthday gifts will now be a christmas gift...i think...we'll see. if you really want to know what it was, IM me or something :D
Unfortunatelly, all along teh way back home , i kept waking up cuz my mo kept trying to talk to me. Adn when i woke up to anser my phone, i had melted Hugs Kisses all ofver my hand. i had put a few in my pocket, and had stupidly had my hand in my pocket while i slept. So not only was it on my habnd but also on my phone, andthe pocket of my vest was white....grrrr...and my contacts were so dry and my mom had loud music going...needless to say i was not int eh mood to be social.
So i met my sisters friends. Saturday we went out to dinner.
Saturday was kinda an interesting day. Out of a dozen emails sent about apartments, I only received a few repolies. Out of all of thsoe, Im only looking at 1, and even that im alittel but sketched out about.
I also discovered I had lost my monthly T pass, and this week I really needed becasue of various appointments, in addition to going to work. And I was late to see my sister and mom...adn they didnt have their cell phones on..even though they said i should call in case ill be late.
But, on the flip side, I got to talk my ex boyfriend/old friend that i havent relaly talked to in years. And we got to clear a few things up, which was cool. We actually spent a lot of our conversation talking about relations hips (he and I are both in one), which was kinda funny, but cool
BUT!!!! today I found my T pass..woot woot!!!!! yaya
And im at work, and ive gotten to sleep lots and lots..and watch cable tv, adn even have a swig of wine. I still havent had a cider yet..but thats ok..i will, soon.
So now im off to email everyone about various things.........
yay for normalcy!!!!
10.23.2005
Wowie Zowie..Im an adult now!!
Posted by ~NEJ~ at 16:32
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment